Qualifying in September 2020?
Starting your NQT adventure in September 2020? Join our innovative and creative team at Cams Hill School and start one of the most rewarding professional journey you’ll undertake.
We’re looking for the best NQTs to join a school where pupils are inspired, proud, happy and thrive. Cams Hill staff nurture pupils to make great progress, and are prepared as responsible, kind, resilient citizens for life beyond education. We fully believe that memorable schooling is central to our success and our teachers are at the heart of this journey, always going “above and beyond”.
We would like to invite trainee teachers who share our ethos to visit Cams Hill School to discuss potential vacancies for this academic year. We are keen to recruit the best teachers and we welcome early conversations with those interested in joining a high attaining, dynamic environment. We offer you superb CPL to complete your NQT year, fully supported by trained mentors who are committed to ensuring your success at the start of your teaching career.
It’s likely that we’ll recruit within the following key subject areas for September 2020: English, Science, MFL, History and Geography.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a visit and school tour. For an informal discussion, please call the main school reception (01329 231641) and speak with Mrs Jenny Lawrence, Associate Assistant Headteacher. If you’d like to complete an application form, please click the following link and return your form to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Mrs Gwennan Harrison-Jones.
Location: Cams Hill School
Salary: Grade C £18,426 - £19,407 Full Time Equivalent,Actual salary: £15,761 - £16,600 per annum
Hours: Permanent, 37 hours a week
Application Deadline: noon, Wednesday 16 September 2020
Cams Hill School are currently recruiting for a Health and Wellness Officer. The main responsibility of the post-holder is to ensure the health, wellness and resilience of all pupils. You will be taking a lead on whole school First Aid provision and will act as main First Aider providing immediate first aid support and coordinating support from other first aiders as needed.
You will need to be computer literate, as you will be maintaining records of pupil health concerns and be responsible for updating policies relating to medical issues. First Aid at work qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
An interest in intervention work would be desirable, as you will be required to develop group intervention plans for health and wellness and design intervention support mechanisms to reduce medical room visits for repeat visitors.
Sensitivity and confidentiality are obviously key, and an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures relating to child protection, safety and security and confidentiality will need to be maintained.
Do you have previous experience of working with young people or a desire to embark on a career working in this area?
Are you a flexible and resilient?
Do you have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills?
If you have answered yes to the questions above and would like to apply, please download and return an application and equalities monitoring form from the Staff Vacancies page on our website: www.camshill.com.
Contact Details – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01329 231641.
Salary: Cams Hill School Main Pay Range/Upper Pay Range £24372 - £40490 FTE
Hours: Full time (part time considered)
Application Deadline: 17-09-2020
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, determined, resilient Teacher of Health and Social Care/Child Development to teach the full age and ability range in Key Stage 4. This vacancy offers an opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced teacher to join an experienced team.
The successful candidate will share our vision of achieving excellence and raising further the standard of teaching and learning.
The position will offer the successful candidate a friendly, highly supportive and committed working environment within a culture of success and professional growth. We are committed to continuous professional development and if you wish to develop your career in a vibrant school, we would welcome your application.
- passionate about the future of education and ready to take on the challenges that are being set for us all working in schools?
- an inspirational, imaginative teacher and outstanding communicator?
- able to demonstrate impact on progress, achievement, attainment and enjoyment of pupils?
- eager to take on a role that requires you to be robust, relentless, rigorous and resilient?
- adaptable, creative, reliable and honest as a colleague who also enjoys close team working?
Please download an application pack from the ‘Vacancies’ page on our website: www.camshill.com Contact Details – e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 01329 231641 (24hr answerphone)
Closing date: Thursday 17 September 2020, Noon.
Headteacher: Gwennan Harrison-Jones
Shearwater Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 8AH
11-16 Mixed Comprehensive
This post is offered subject to the terms and conditions laid down in the Cams Hill School Pay Policy, and the successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other pre-employment checks. This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.Job Description
Salary: Voluntary. £0 per annum
Hours: 4-year term of office, Hours vary | Term time only (39 weeks a year)
Application Deadline: 03-04-2020
Cams Hill School are recruiting Governors to join an enthusiastic, committed Board of Governors. School Governors are volunteers who are responsible for governing a school and directing how it
is managed and run.
The role includes:
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational and financial performance of the school
- The board creates robust accountability for executive leaders through rigorous analysis of performance data and financial information.
- Setting the school’s vision and values, and the strategy for achieving this vision
- The school’s vision will centre on pupil progress and achievement. Working with senior leaders, the board sets strategic objectives to help the school reach its goals.
- Ensuring the school’s financial success and probity
- Governors are responsible for ensuring that the school operates with regularity, propriety and value for money, using only the resources it has available.
The role responsibilities include:
- Develop the schools vision and strategy
- Establish a culture of high educational standards, which promotes staff and pupil wellbeing
- Ensure all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Monitor provision for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities
- Monitor educational performance of the school, using a range of data sources
- Ensure stakeholders (parents, pupils, staff and the local community) are informed and consulted as appropriate
- Approve the budget for the school
- Monitor and evaluate the school’s financial performance
- Approve and review school policies, and hold staff to account for their implementation
- Ensure the school is compliant with legal requirements, including that all statutory policies and documents are in place
- Carry out the appointment and performance management of the Headteacher
- Monitor and evaluate the school’s staffing structure
- Monitor health and safety in the school
Skills and experience
Essential for all Governors:
- Critical listening and the ability to ask effective questions
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication
- Problem solving and analysis
Desirable – one or more of the following:
- Understanding of data
- Finance and/or accounting knowledge
- HR experience
- Knowledge of education
- Leadership and management
- Risk management
- Legal expertise
- Marketing and communications
The time commitment for the Governor role will vary. There are six Full Governing Body meetings held per year which are attended by all Governors. These meetings are normally held
on weekday evenings and last between 1 – 3 hours; however, this may vary as required.
Governors also sit on a committee focused on an area they have knowledge of, or are particularly interested in. Cams Hill School has three committees including; Resources Committee, Teaching, Learning and Assessment Committee and Pastoral Committee. You will be allocated to one committee which will meet six times a year.
You will be expected to prepare for meetings including reading papers and preparing questions for senior leaders.
You will also be expected to undertake any training required to enable you to discharge your role effectively.
Governors are also expected to visit the school while it is open to pupils and prepare reports on the findings of their visits.
The Governor role is voluntary and is unpaid; however, some expenses can be claimed.
If you would like to apply, please download the Governor Application pack on our website
Mrs Ashley Billinghurst, Clerk to Governors, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01392 231641
Cams Hill School
Following shortlisting, applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the Chair of Governors, Headteacher and one other Governor.
This post is offered subject to the terms and conditions laid down by Cams Hill School. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other pre-appointment checks. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.Job Description Application Form