We are extremely proud of our school. It is a special place to learn and work and, at Cams Hill, it is definitely the people that make the place: pupils, staff; parents and carers. All staff are part of a culture of trust, autonomy, parity, respect and are regularly recognised for their contributions. All staff complete annual performance management reviews with the opportunity to receive progression through the pay scale and the potential to receive remuneration for exceptional performance.
Cams Hill School recognises the benefits derived from investing in our staff, and there are a number of additional benefits available to all staff:
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Professional development opportunities
- Free parking for all staff
- Access to School Dining with Chef Manager
- Childcare vouchers if already part of the scheme
- Annual Flu Jabs offered via the onsite welfare team, free
- Assistance towards eye tests and glasses
For teaching staff we are able to offer the following:
- 0.68 average contact ratio for teaching which is far lower than national average. Our teachers have more time to plan, prepare and evaluate their teaching
- Average class size of 23.7 so teachers have greater ability to build relationships with smaller classes
- An evidence informed approach to assessment, marking and feedback which supports pupil learning and manageable workload for teachers
- A programme of Continued Professional Learning designed to develop teachers at every stage of their career
- Performance management targets which are not based on pupil performance data
- Departmental work/ staff rooms in many subject areas
- IT equipment – laptops, ipads for all teachers
- Interactive whiteboards installed in all classrooms
If you would like to be part of a school which develops pupils to be positive contributors to society, and which values its staff, we would very much like to hear from you.
Starting your ECT adventure in September 2023? Join our innovative and creative team at Cams Hill School and start one of the most rewarding professional journeys you’ll undertake.
We’re looking for the best ECTs to join a school where pupils are inspired, proud, happy, and thrive. Cams Hill staff nurture pupils to make great progress, and be prepared as responsible, kind, resilient citizens for life beyond education. We fully believe that memorable schooling is central to our success and our teachers are at the heart of this journey, always going “above and beyond”.
We would like to invite trainee teachers who share our ethos to contact Cams Hill School to discuss potential vacancies for the next academic year. We are keen to recruit the best teachers and we welcome early conversations with those interested in joining a high attaining, dynamic environment. We offer you superb CPL to complete your ECT induction, fully supported by trained mentors who are committed to ensuring your success at the start of your teaching career. We are particularly interested to hear from those training to teach English, Science, Geography, or History.
Please contact email@example.com to organise an informal discussion with Mrs Jenny Lawrence, Assistant Headteacher. If you’d like to complete a speculative application form, please click the ‘Teaching Application Form’ link on the vacancies page of the website and return your form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Mrs Gwennan Harrison-Jones.
Salary: Voluntary. £0 per annum
Hours: 4-year term of office, Hours vary
Cams Hill School are recruiting Governors to join an enthusiastic, committed Board of Governors. School Governors are volunteers who are responsible for governing a school and directing how it is managed and run.
The role includes:
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational and financial performance of the school
- The board creates robust accountability for executive leaders through rigorous analysis of performance data and financial information.
- Setting the school’s vision and values, and the strategy for achieving this vision
- The school’s vision will centre on pupil progress and achievement. Working with senior leaders, the board sets strategic objectives to help the school reach its goals.
- Ensuring the school’s financial success and probity
- Governors are responsible for ensuring that the school operates with regularity, propriety and value for money, using only the resources it has available.
The role responsibilities include:
- Develop the schools vision and strategy
- Establish a culture of high educational standards, which promotes staff and pupil wellbeing
- Ensure all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Monitor provision for pupils with special educational needs (SEN) and disabilities
- Monitor educational performance of the school, using a range of data sources
- Ensure stakeholders (parents, pupils, staff and the local community) are informed and consulted as appropriate
- Approve the budget for the school
- Monitor and evaluate the school’s financial performance
- Approve and review school policies, and hold staff to account for their implementation
- Ensure the school is compliant with legal requirements, including that all statutory policies and documents are in place
- Carry out the appointment and performance management of the Headteacher
- Monitor and evaluate the school’s staffing structure
- Monitor health and safety in the school
Skills and experience
Essential for all Governors:
- Critical listening and the ability to ask effective questions
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication
- Problem solving and analysis
Desirable – one or more of the following:
- Understanding of data
- Finance and/or accounting knowledge
- HR experience
- Knowledge of education
- Leadership and management
- Risk management
- Legal expertise
- Marketing and communications
The time commitment for the Governor role will vary. There are six Full Governing Body meetings held per year which are attended by all Governors. These meetings are normally held on weekday evenings and last between 1 – 3 hours; however, this may vary as required.
Governors also sit on a committee focused on an area they have knowledge of, or are particularly interested in. Cams Hill School has three committees including; Resources Committee, Teaching, Learning and Assessment Committee and Pastoral Committee. You will be allocated to one committee which will meet six times a year.
You will be expected to prepare for meetings including reading papers and preparing questions for senior leaders.
You will also be expected to undertake any training required to enable you to discharge your role effectively.
Governors are also expected to visit the school while it is open to pupils and prepare reports on the findings of their visits.
The Governor role is voluntary and is unpaid; however, some expenses can be claimed.
If you would like to apply, please download the Governor Application pack on our website www.camshill.com.
Mrs Abby Elliott, Clerk to Governors, email@example.com, 01392 231641
Cams Hill School
Following shortlisting, applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the Chair of Governors, Headteacher and one other Governor.
This post is offered subject to the terms and conditions laid down by Cams Hill School. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other pre-appointment checks. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Location: Cams Hill School
Salary: CHS Main/Upper Pay Range: £28,000 - £43,685 FTE
Hours: Temporary maternity cover, expected to end - 21st July 2023
Application Deadline: 30-11-2022
Cams Hill is a dynamic and over-subscribed co-educational 11-16 school located on the south coast. We are seeking to appoint a full-time, enthusiastic and determined Teacher of KS3 Music (maternity cover) within a well-resourced department to continue to achieve great outcomes for all our pupils. The school offers a friendly, highly supportive and committed working environment within a culture of success and professional growth. The successful candidate will share our vision of achieving excellence and raising further the standard of teaching and learning. A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular programme is essential.
We are committed to continuous professional development and if you wish to develop your career in a vibrant school, we would welcome your application. There is an excellent ECT induction programme in place and Early Career Teachers are welcome to apply in addition to experienced practitioners.
We have a well-established reputation for the quality of our pastoral care and are committed to the professional development of all our staff, as well as innovative teaching and learning strategies. More information on the school can be found on the school website.
• passionate about the future of education and the Music Department?
• an inspirational, imaginative teacher and outstanding communicator?
• able to demonstrate impact on progress, attainment and enjoyment of pupils?
• eager to take on a role that requires you to be relentless, rigorous and resilient?
• adaptable, creative, reliable and honest as a colleague who also enjoys close team working?
Closing date for applications is: 0800, Wednesday 30th November 2022
Immediate interviews will be arranged for suitable candidates and we reserve the right to close this advert
early pending a successful appointment.
Start Date: January 2023
Please download the Teacher Application Form from the ‘Staff Vacancies’ page on our website:
www.camshill.com. Contact Details – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01329 231641 (24hr answerphone)
Executive Headteacher: Gwennan Harrison-Jones
Cams Hill School, Shearwater Avenue, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 8AH
11-16 Mixed Comprehensive
This post is offered subject to the terms and conditions laid down in the Cams Hill School Pay Policy. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including Disclosure and Baring Service.
Location: Cams Hill School
Salary: Grade C £21,190 - £22,215 FTE according to experience
Hours: Temporary maternity cover, up to 1 year. 37 hours a week, 39 weeks per year (term time only).
Application Deadline: 09-01-2023
Cams Hill School are recruiting a Cover Supervisor to join an enthusiastic, committed team of cover staff who work closely with teachers to provide continuity to pupil’s learning during teacher absences. A cover supervisor stands in during absences of a teacher to deliver planned lessons to whole classes, ensuring all pupils can achieve their full potential. Cover supervisors may also provide support in lessons or within the pastoral team working more widely across the school.
Working as a cover supervisor can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding. There is a high level of responsibility and although there is always a teacher close at hand if needed, there is a large amount of autonomy.
We would like to encourage applications from individuals who have experience of working with pupils in a range of settings, and those who would be keen to bring extra skills to the role which would support pupils outside of the classroom and allow for creative working across the school. This post would also suit a recently qualified teacher yet to take up a teaching position, or someone wishing to embark on teacher training in the future.
· experienced in working with young people?
· passionate about the education of young people?
· eager to take on a role which requires you to be a flexible and resilient team player?
· able to take initiative and are confident in using a range of strategies to manage whole class and individual behaviour?
· an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills?
If you have answered yes to the questions above and would like to apply, please download an application pack from the Staff Vacancies page on our website: www.camshill.com.
Contact Details – e-mail: email@example.com or telephone: 01329 231641