A warm welcome to our website. We are really glad you are keen to find out more about Cams Hill School. We believe it is a very special place to learn and work. Choosing a secondary school is one of the most important decisions that you will make for your children and family.
At Cams Hill School the relationships between staff and pupils are phenomenal. All staff have high expectations and are ambitious for each and every pupil; they know them well. With a rigorous, child centred focus on each and every unique individual, pupils are enabled to make progress, achieve strong outcomes and enjoy their schooling with us. I encourage you to come and see this for yourselves!
As the Headteacher, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the school, our vision, mission and values. Underpinned by the principles identified in four words: inspire, nurture, achieve and excel, Cams Hill School aims to:
- Inspire all our pupils through challenging, engaging and enjoyable learning experiences that maximise progress, achievement, attainment and enjoyment.
- Nurture and care for pupils in an environment that recognises, supports, advises and guides each and every individual. Personalised care is vital in ensuring that all pupils feel valued and are therefore able to achieve their potential.
We strive to ensure that each and every pupil is given opportunities to:
- Achieve to the highest possible standards. We believe that a strong academic educational foundation provides our pupils with the skills and attributes to progress to life beyond Cams Hill School with confidence and resilience.
- Excel above and beyond basic expectations. We are proud to challenge, stretch and encourage pupils to understand that there are no limits. We encourage them to aim high and be confident to make mistakes, overcome obstacles and ‘bounce back’ in times of adversity.
Our results are extremely impressive and the highest for a state school in the local area. In August 2018 82% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in English and Maths – these are our best results ever and we are thrilled with the success of our pupils, testament to the dedication and hard work of pupils and their teachers.
- 86% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in English *
- 70% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-5 in English
- 88% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in Maths *
- 68% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-5 in Maths
- 42% of our pupils achieved the EBACC *
* provisional results
We believe Cams Hill School is unique. Complementing our strong, traditional academic curriculum, Cams Hill School has an incredible array of ‘co-curricular’ activities, a far greater range than any other school locally. With trips to Iceland, the Battlefields, Skiing, France to take part in water sports activities, Brecon Beacons, an active Duke of Edinburgh scheme and various universities as well as local trips to support curriculum content. These are well publicised and open to all pupils. Cams Hill School has a phenomenal academic and sporting reputation locally and nationally and opportunities given to all pupils are many and varied. Pupils thrive at Cams Hill.
We welcome visits from prospective families and pupils and would invite you to contact the school to come and see us ‘in action.’ You can do this via 01329 231641 or using email@example.com
We hope you want to find out more about us! The school has a number of official twitter accounts including @camshillHT. There is a weekly message update on the homepage of our website and I write a weekly blog which you can access via https://camsheadteacher.wordpress.com. This gives people interested in the school further insight into our developments and provides insight and reflection on our weekly activities.