19th October 2017
We make sure that the staff are well trained to enable them to support children with SEND:
• all teachers at Cams Hill School are degree level professionals who have been awarded Qualified Teacher Status.
• our ELSAs have had specific training in working with emotionally vulnerable pupils
• our LSAs receive training on school INSET days
• the SENCO has the National Award for SENCO accreditation course in accordance with 2015 SEND Code of Practice.
• when we introduce a new programme or intervention, we first make sure that those who will deliver it to children are thoroughly trained. This allows us to be flexible and adapt to the needs of children with SEN that we may not have dealt with before.