The timetable that we are going to be working with provisionally until half term is detailed below. This involves the underlying principle of ‘year group bubbles’ as per guidance and maximising face to face learning time for pupils with their teachers having spent so much time engaged in ‘virtual’ learning over the past few months of the global pandemic.
As you can see, the timetable includes:
- staggered start times to allow year groups to arrive one at a time;
- a one-way system (our ‘lazy river’) to enable pupils to remain in their year group bubbles during movement between lessons;
- break time zones to ensure year groups remain in bubbles at this time. No snacks will be available to purchase at break time;
- staggered lunch time to enable year group bubbles to have their lunch in specific areas. Please ensure your child has a pack lunch if at all possible as there will be limited choices of food to purchase. All transactions will be cashless so please make sure there is money in your child’s Tucasi account. For new Year 7 families, these accounts will be created before their first day on Friday 04 September 2020;
- clear identification of lunch time zones for each year group plus time identified by + to ensure access to toilets;
- staggered finish to each day to allow groups to leave one at a time.