We are glad you are keen to find out more about Cams Hill School. We believe it is a very special place to learn and work. As the Headteacher, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the school, our vision, mission and values. Underpinned by the principles identified in four words; inspire, nurture achieve and excel, Cams Hill School aims to:
- Inspire all our pupils through challenging, engaging and enjoyable learning experiences that maximise progress, achievement, attainment and enjoyment.
- Nurture and care for pupils in an environment that recognises, supports, advises and guides each and every individual. Personalised care is vital in ensuring that all pupils feel valued and are therefore able to achieve their potential.
We strive to ensure that each and every pupil is given opportunities to:
- Achieve to the highest possible standards. We believe that a strong academic educational foundation provides our pupils with the skills and attributes to progress to life beyond Cams Hill School with confidence and resilience.
- Excel above and beyond basic expectations. We are proud to challenge, stretch and encourage pupils to understand that there are no limits. We encourage them to aim high and be confident to make mistakes, overcome obstacles and ‘bounce back’ in times of adversity.
Our results are impressive. In August 2017 80% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in English and Maths – these are our best results ever and we are thrilled with the success of our pupils.
- 86% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in English *
- 84% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in Maths *
- 37% of our pupils achieved the EBACC *
* provisional results
We believe Cams Hill School is unique. Complementing our strong, traditional academic curriculum, Cams Hill School has an incredible array of ‘co-curricular’ activities. With trips to Iceland, the Battlefields, Skiing, Spanish exchange, France to take part in watersports activities, a music trip to Paris, Chateau Beaumont MfL trips and various Universities to name but a few. These are well publicised and open to all pupils. Cams Hill School has a phenomenal academic and sporting reputation locally and nationally and opportunities given to all pupils are many and varied. Pupils thrive at Cams Hill.
We have a commitment to continually improve the resources available to staff and pupils. We have made significant investment in the school site and have a new Humanities teaching block with 7 fabulous new learning environments now fully in place for our teachers and pupils. Classroom refurbishments, an additional Science laboratory, new dining hall facilities and routines, a new maths room, a new design studio, a new photography computer room and refurbishment of Geography classrooms have all taken place during the Summer 2017.
We welcome visits from prospective families and pupils and would invite you to contact the school to come and see us ‘in action.’ You can do this via 01329 231641 or using firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you want to find out more about us! The school has a number of official subject twitter accounts including @camshillHT. There is a weekly message update on the homepage of our website and I write a weekly blog which you can access via https://camsheadteacher.wordpress.com This gives people interested in the school further insight into our developments and provides insight and reflection on our weekly activities.