2017 Exam Results:
We are very proud of the success of our pupils.
2017 is the first year that GCSEs in the new specifications of English and Maths were awarded. Grades in these two subjects have been awarded from 9-1 (9 being the highest grade and well-publicised to be higher than a current A*). In all other subjects, grades remain for this year awarded as A*- G.
In a year where the ‘magic’ number has become a grade 4 identifying a ‘good pass’ in English and Maths, equivalent to a C grade, we are delighted that so many of our pupils at Cams Hill have achieved this ‘gold standard’.
- 72% of pupils achieved 5 A*-C grades (including grades of 4+ in both English and Mathematics), which is up 1% from 2016.
- 79% of pupils achieved grades of 4+ in both English and Mathematics. This figure is an increase of 5% compared to both 2015 and 2016.
- 37% of pupils achieved the EBacc (English. Mathematics, 2x Science; History or Geography, and a Modern Foreign Language). This figure is significantly above national levels.
Reflecting the highly-successful broad and balanced curriculum at Cams Hill School, pupils have achieved significantly above the national levels in a diverse range of subjects. Some examples include:
- 86% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in either English Language or English Literature.
- 84% of our pupils achieved a grade 9-4 in Mathematics.
- In the separate Sciences (Chemistry, Biology and Physics), 100% of pupils achieved grades A*-C.
- 90% of pupils achieved grades A*-C in Catering.
- 95% of pupils achieved grades A*-C in Drama.
- 100% of pupils achieved grades A*-C in Further Mathematics.
- 79% of pupils achieved A*-C in French.
- 84% of pupils achieved A*-C in Graphics.
- 91% of pupils achieved A*-C in Music.
- 84% of pupils achieved A*-C in Religious Studies.